Create and maintain a
- well structured
- easy to use
C++ SDK that will help developpers creating games.
There are many 3d engines all over the net but only a few general-purpose game-targeted SDK's
In order to shorten game-development cycles, there is a need for a SDK that would provide most of the common
features that are needed in almost every game (File-system, inputs system, gui...)
Such an SDK should remain independent of the tools and middlewares choosen by the end-user (Most notably 3d engines)
- We will use programming language C++ on windows, using visual studio for now.
- We will not consider multihreading issues for now
- We will focus more on high quality code production than fast developpement
- User should be able to use only parts of the SDK
- It already exist very good libraries for low-level features that are needed in almost every game.
Such low-level third party libraries should be used for parts like sound, network, database, video, compression...